A USBC Coaching Silver class is three days of training designed to increase coaching skills and professionalism. The class is designed for advanced-level bowling coaches who have passed USBC Coaching Bronze training.
Silver training develops the relationships between bowling ball surfaces and dynamics, lane surfaces, topography and oil patterns and the finite adjustments to the physical game required to become a high-level competitor.
This training is recommended for coaching high-level bowlers, such as collegiate athletes, tournament bowlers and regional and national tour professionals.
Silver training focuses on coaching advanced techniques and skills and covers:
- Finite adjustments to physical game
- Building a bowling ball arsenal
- Advanced lane adjustments
- Matching ball surfaces to lane conditions
- Advanced mental game concepts
- Using video analysis
- Establishing practice plans to develop options in competition
Participants taking a USBC Coaching Silver class must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A USBC member in good standing
- A USBC Bronze-trained coach
- Approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) if you are a U.S. citizen 18 years of age or older (for more information on RVP, click here)
*The Silver-level training test will not be available until all prerequisites are complete.